Job ID#17-AD-009 Greater Toronto Area
Job Description – Application Support Specialist – Greater Toronto Area
The Design Automation Team at DSEL works closely with our subdivision design engineers to produce top quality designs and deliver them in record time. We are looking for a full-time Application Support Specialist to join our team in Markham and be a part of expanding our approach to this vision. Your primary role is to apply our proprietary SmartSubdivision™ software to complete computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) in AutoCAD.
You will have the opportunity to work with both the civil and software engineering departments at DSEL. Your work will contribute to the design of multiple subdivisions throughout the GTA and Ottawa, as well as the development of our SmartSubdivision™ software. We are looking for a meticulous and dedicated applicant who can take on responsibilities that are important to our teams and deliver results. Taking initiative to work with others and receive and provide feedback will allow you to excel in this position.
- Computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) using AutoCAD and SmartSubdivision™ software
- Participate in the Alpha testing phase of software development and provide feedback
- Work closely with, and receive guidance from, project engineers / designers
- Help define the work in-take process to deliver work reliably and efficiently
- Maintain & improve wiki documentation on how to use the software to do design tasks
Skills & Requirements
- Education requirement: Graduate degree or Bachelor degree in Math, Physics, Computer Science with 0-2 years of exp. OR Post-secondary education from a relevant area.
- Drafting experience using AutoCAD is required
- Excellent understanding and visualization of 3D space in 2D representations and cross-sections projections
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills are required for coordination with multiple departments
- Detail oriented
- Quick learner and able to adapt to constant change
- Takes initiative
Salary & Benefits – Application Support Specialist – Greater Toronto Area
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Dental / medical
Qualified candidates for the Application Support Specialist job should forward resume in confidence to: jobs@DSEL.ca.
We are grateful to all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting those candidates who have been selected for an interview.