Job ID#17-AD-008 Greater Toronto Area
Job Description – CAD Technician Co-op – Greater Toronto Area
The innovations and technologies team at DSEL strives to continuously improve the experience of our engineers as they produce top quality designs and deliver them in record time. We are looking for a Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering student to join our team in Markham and be a part of expanding our approach to this vision. Your primary role is to apply our proprietary Smart Subdivision® software to complete computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) in AutoCAD.
You will have the opportunity to work with both the civil and software engineering departments at DSEL. Your work will contribute to the design of multiple subdivisions throughout the GTA and Ottawa, as well as the development of our Smart Subdivision® software. Through this experience you will learn different aspects of subdivision design, software testing principles and develop important communication skills. Throughout your 12-16 month co-op term, you will be tasked with both time sensitive assignments and long term strategic assignments.
- Computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) using AutoCAD and Smart Subdivision® software
- Participate in the Alpha testing phase of software development and provide feedback
- Work closely with, and receive guidance from, project engineers / designers
- Help define the work in-take process to deliver work reliably and efficiently
- Maintain & improve wiki documentation on how to use the software to do design tasks
Skills & Requirements
- Drafting experience using AutoCAD is required
- Excellent understanding and visualization of 3D space in 2D representations and cross-sections projections
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills are required for coordination with multiple departments
- Detail oriented
- Quick learner and able to adapt to constant change
Salary & Benefits – CAD Technician – Greater Toronto Area
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Dental / medical
Qualified candidates for the CAD Technician Co-op job should forward resume in confidence to: jobs@DSEL.ca.
We are grateful to all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting those candidates who have been selected for an interview.